This Basil Chicken Meatloaf with Pesto Pomodoro Sauce is a recipe I don’t think I will ever get tired of. Bacon and cashews help keep the chicken breast moist while the pesto and caramelized tomatoes add a punch of flavor. Perfect for any night of the week!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 8oz bacon, diced
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
Pesto Pomodoro Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups white onions, diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¾lbs cherry tomatoes (I used 3- 10oz containers)
- 1-6oz can tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1½ cup paleo pesto (I use No Crumbs Left’s recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of a casserole dish with avocado oil.
- Add cashews, basil and garlic to food processor and run until crumbly in texture.
- In a large bowl add cashew mixture and all remaining meatloaf ingredients. Mix well.
- Place meat on making sheet and form into a loaf.
- Bake uncovered for about 55 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
Pesto Pomodoro Sauce Directions:
- While meatloaf is baking prepare the sauce.
- In a large saute pan heat avocado oil
- Once hot add onions and ½ tsp salt. Cook until caramelized.
- Add garlic and tomatoes. Cover about cook for about 12 minutes until tomatoes soften
- Stir in tomato paste and ½ tsp salt. Continue to cook covered for another 10 minutes to allow steam to release from tomatoes.
- Remove lit and use a wooden spoon to crush tomatoes.
- Add pesto to the sauce and mix in.
- Stir in basil and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Once meatloaf is cooked slice and serve with a heaping serving of Pesto Pomodoro Sauce or pour sauce into casserole dish over meatloaf.