My favorite dinners are quick, easy and of course flavorful! This one pot meal is filled with all the goods including bacon, caramelized tomatoes and rich pesto.
- 8oz bacon, diced
- 2 cups white onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1¾lbs cherry tomatoes (I used 3-10oz containers)
- 1-6oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup paleo pesto (I use No Crumbs Left’s recipe)
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- In a large saute pan cook bacon.
- Once cooked remove bacon and set aside. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions and cook until beginning to caramelize.
- Add garlic and cook until soft.
- Add ground chicken and break up clumps. Add ½ tsp salt
- Once chicken is cooked through and browned, remove from pan and set aside with bacon.
- Add tomatoes to the pan. Cover about cook for about 12 minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Stir in tomato paste and ½ tsp salt. Continue to cook covered for another 10 minutes to allow steam to release from tomatoes.
- Remove lid and use a wooden spoon to crush tomatoes.
- Add pesto to the sauce and mix in.
- Return ground chicken and bacon back to the pan. Mix to combine.
- Stir in basil and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!