I love recipes that come together in a snap, are flavorful and filling and this Picadillo recipe checks all the boxes. I love making this over the weekend as part of of my meal prep. It reheats great and goes well with just about any side.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (I omit because they upset by stomach)
- 2lb ground beef (I use 85% or 90%)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tso garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika (or regular)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1- 15oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼- ⅓ cup sliced pimento olives
- Heat avocado oil in large pan.
- Add onion and red pepper and ½ salt, cook until caramelized.
- Add ground beef to pan and break up clumps.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, ½ salt, smoked paprika and oregano, mix well into meat.
- Continue to cook meat until brown.
- Add in tomato sauce, chicken stock, tomato paste and pimento olives.
- Allow to simmer about 15 minutes uncovered.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!