These honey roasted brussels sprouts are sure to be a crowd pleaser- even to those who swear that they are not a fan of brussels sprouts!
My favorite way to eat brussel sprouts are roasted in the oven and crisped to perfection. Sometimes, I add bacon and other times I add a variety of spices. But lately, since I have been on a raw honey kick, I thought it would be fun to add a drizzle to my roasted veggies. The pistachios add a salty crunch that brings all of the flavors together.
- 2lbs brussels sprouts cut quartered
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup shelled unsalted roasted pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place your quartered brussels sprouts on your baking
- Add avocado oil and salt and mix, coating evenly. Be sure to space evenly into a single layer*
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing halfway through
- Remove pan from oven and add the honey and pistachios to the brussels sprouts, coating evenly*
- Roast in the oven an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes so that the honey can coagulate and stick to the brussels sprouts
- These steps can be done by adding the brussels sprouts to a bowl and mixing in the ingredients, but hey-why dirty another dish?