Craving a juicy flavorful steak but not in the mood to fire up the grill? No problem! This stovetop skirt steak is sure to satisfy and is very versatile. I like to serve it alongside roasted sweet potatoes, peppers and onions, or over a bed of lettuce.
- 1 gallon ziplock bag
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powders
- 1.5 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- In ziplock bag, combine avocado oil, salt, garlic powder, and oregano
- Zip with the air removed and squeeze the bottom of the bag, combining the ingredients together
- Once mixed, add the skirt steak to the bag, seal and mix ensuring it is evenly coated in the marinade. Let marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat your grill pan over medium heat
- Add 1 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp ghee to the pan
- Cook steak about 4 minutes per side, or until nicely charred
- Let rest about 7 minutes on cutting board before cutting