Spring is in the air which means light and tasty treats are on my mind. These macaroons are so easy to make and are sure to make an appearance on my Easter dessert table this year.
- 5 eggs whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add egg whites and salt to medium size bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Beat in the honey, vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Gently fold in coconut.
- Use a heaping tablespoon to help form macaroons into little mounds on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until set.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool.