I love Mexican food but also have a sensitive stomach towards things like night shades and legumes – this can sometimes be challenging when all I want to order is the chicken fajitas with peppers and onions and a big bowl of black bean soup. I’ll be honest in saying I’ve learned the hard way when it comes to overlooking my food sensitivities.
In an effort to have a side dish with Mexican flare, I have created this creamy and flavorful recipe!
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 3 1/2 tsp Salt, divided
- 24 oz Riced Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Packed Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- In medium saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp avocado oil and 1 Tbsp ghee.
- Once hot, add onions, ½ tsp salt and let onions caramelize
- Once onions have begun to brown, add 2 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Add riced cauliflower to the pan.
- Add cumin, smoked paprika and 2.5 tsp salt. Mix to combine.
- Cover pan to allow the cauliflower to cook through.
- Once cauliflower is fully cooked, turn off heat and cool.
- While cauliflower is cooling, in a large bowl mash the avocados
- To the large bowl add lime juice, ½ tsp salt and chopped cilantro.
- Once the cauliflower is cool, add to the large bowl with the guacamole.
- Coat cauliflower evenly