I love a good, hearty and flavorful meatloaf. I chose to make this dish with ground turkey to create variety to my weekly dinner menu and also to create a dish that is a little bit lighter but just as tasty! This is another dish I like to cook in bulk to have leftovers for another night. To reheat the dish, I will cut the loaf into slices and heat it in a saute pan. Serve alongside your favorite roasted veggies or easy side salad.
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- Avocado oil, divided
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 2 tbsp + extra for topping, paleo ketchup (for Whole30 be sure to use a approved brand or make your own)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Almond flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add ground turkey to a large bowl.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 3.5 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Add carrots, onion and 2 tsp salt. Cook until soft and beginning to brown.
- Remove from pan and add to bowl with ground turkey.
- Add 2 Tbsp avocado oil to the saute pan.
- Add the chopped apples and cook until they begin soften.
- Once cooked, add apples to bowl with ground turkey alone with any remaining oil in the pan.
- Add 2 tbsp paleo ketchup, coconut aminos, 2 tsp salt, eggs and almond flour to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan or medium size casserole dish.
- Top meatloaf with a layer of ketchup*
- Cover with foil and bake for about an 1 hour. Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes.
*This ketchup is in addition to the 2 Tbsp previously used.