As a true lover of nut butters, I am declaring this recipe the mother of all nut butters. After making a batch of my favorite granola, inspired by Golden Barrel, I thought how delicious would this be as a spread!
After playing with the recipe a little, boy was I right! This recipe incorporates combination of almonds, cashews, shredded coconut and raw honey. The sweetness of the honey, the texture of the coconut and the richness of the roasted nuts will have you wanting to spread this on just about everything. Or if you like me, eating it right off the spoon.
- 1½ cups unsalted roasted almonds
- 1½ cups lightly salted cashews
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, coconut flakes and salt. Mix well.
- Mix in honey and melted coconut oil. Coat the nuts evenly.
- Spread out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet
- Once cooled, place into large food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.