Skirt steak is one of my favorite cuts of beef to cook with. I enjoy experimenting with different marinades and love the fact that it tastes just as good being cooking in the oven, on the stovetop or the grill. I find the key trick for this recipe is allowing the meat to marinate overnight. This allows the meat to fully embodying the sweet and tangy taste the balsamic and honey creates.
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- Place all marinade ingredients into a large Ziploc bag or casserole dish.
- Mix to combine ingredients.
- Add steak and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn broiler on high.
- Place steak and remaining marinade onto baking sheet.
- Broil for about 6 minutes per side. Be sure to keep it on the middle shelf. The extra marinate may splatter it is too close.
- Let rest a few minutes before slicing and serving.