This recipe is inspired by my love of tostones and plantain chips. In an effort to change it up and create a recipe that comes together in a pinch I decided to put them in the oven. Just slice, season, and roast and you’ll have a hearty side dish or savory snack in no time. If not eating them on their own I enjoy serving these alongside carnitas or skirt steak. Enjoy!
- 2 large green plantains
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice plantains into ½ inch pieces
- In a medium bowl place sliced plantains, avocado oil and salt and toss to evenly coat.
- Lay on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for about 40 minutes flipping halfway through.