I love sweet potatoes in every shape and form, baked whole, roasted, mashed and sautéed. Savory or sweet I could always go for a sweet potato. The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to choose. It doesn’t get much better than this combination of the roasted potatoes with the salty bacon and sweet and tangy honey mustard vinaigrette. I have a feeling that this side dish might just be the star of this year’s 4th of July celebration!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1¾ tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp paleo approved mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 oz paleo bacon
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, avocado oil and salt. Mix well to evenly coat.
- Lay sweet potatoes on a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes for about 45 minutes flipping halfway through.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook bacon on the stove. Once cooked remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Once drained, dice.
- Using the same frying pan as the bacon cook onions in remaining bacon fat until caramelized. Once cooked remove from stove and combine onions and any remaining bacon grease with the diced bacon.
- In a large bowl combine dijon mustard, raw honey, paleo mayonnaise and salt, mix well.
- While whisking slowerd pour in olive oil.
- Once potatoes are done and beginning to brown, remove from oven and let cool slightly for firm up a little.
- Add sweet potatoes to the large bowl where the dressing is. Sprinkle in onions and bacon.
- Mix to evenly coat sweet potatoes. Be sure not to mash the potatoes in the process.
- Serve and enjoy!