I love a quick and easy side dish, especially in the summer. This simple String Bean Salad comes together in a few easy steps and is best served cold. I like preparing this dish early and let it marinate together in the fridge to let the flavors come together. I love serving this alongside a big juicy steak of the grill!
- 1lb string beans, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- Place water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add string beans and a pinch of salt and let boil until tender. About — minutes.
- Drain string beans and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Shake off excess water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt.
- Add string beans and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle in sliced almonds and red onion. Mix to combine.
- Let flavors marinate in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Give it a good stir before serving to recoat string beans with dressing sitting on the bottom of the bowl.
- Best served cold.