I love avocados and I love chimichurri sauce, so I figured why not put the too together! The combination of the tangy sauce and creamy avocado create a dressing that goes great on just about anything! When I am grilling up a simple skirt steak and don’t have enough time to marinate the meat, this is one of my go-to recipes to whip up to add all the flavor. This also goes great on grilled chicken, salmon or over a salad.
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¾ cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados, diced
- Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, salt, dried oregano, red wine vinegar in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil while the processor is running.
- Place diced avocado in a medium bowl.
- Pour chimichurri sauce over avocado and mix to combine. Be sure to mix carefully so that the avocado does not become mashed.
- Serve over your favorite proteins such as steak, grilled chicken or salmon. Also acts as a great salad dressing.