There is just something about fall cooking that is just so comforting . This Roasted Pecan and Dried Cherry Butternut Squash is a hearty mix of some of my favorite fall flavors and is the perfect combo of savory and sweet.
- 4 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup raw pecans pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine butternut squash, avocado oil and 1 tsp salt. Mix to coat evenly.
- Lay in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Roast for about 40 minutes. Halfway through toss and rotate baking sheets.
- Remove from oven and add in dried cherries, mix in evenly. (I put ½ cup per baking sheet)
- Continue to roast another 10 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and sprinkle over pecans. (Again I put ½ cup per baking sheet)
- Roast for an additional 10-12 minutes until pecans have begun to crisp and brown.
- Remove from oven, salt to taste!