Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest ones. The three main ingredients in this side dish, carrots, fresh rosemary and pignoli nuts, create the perfect savory combination. I love serving this alongside a simple skirt steak or paleo chicken cutlets.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, than quartered.
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup pignoli nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl places carrots, avocado oil, salt, garlic powder and rosemary. Toss to coat evenly.
- Lay carrots in a single layer on baking sheet. Make sure carrots to not touch one another to allow them to roast evenly and crisp up.
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing carrots halfway through.
- Remove carrots from oven and sprinkle in pignoli nuts.
- Continue to bake an additional 10 minutes.