One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to sip on some hot chocolate by the Christmas Tree watching a holiday classic on TV. This Cacao Mint Almond Milk is sweetened with dates and gets it’s chocolaty taste from raw cacao. I also use Young Living’s Vitality Peppermint Oil to give it the perfect amount of peppermint flavor. I love adding this to my morning matcha or drinking it warm on its own.
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- 4 ½ cups filtered water + 2 cups for soaking
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 21 dates)
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (just one!)
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with filtered water. Water should completely cover the almonds. Let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse almonds.
- Place rinsed almonds into a high powered blender.
- Add 4½ cups filtered water, dates and cacao, vanilla extract and peppermint oil. Blend until beginning to get frothy.
- Using a nut bag, strain milk from almonds pulp. Be sure to squeeze all the liquid out.*
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
*I love to reuse the leftover almond pulp to make cookies.