It’s day 15 of the January Whole30 which means there is a good chance your over having eggs for breakfast. To change things up, both on and off a Whole30, I love whipping up these Sweet Potato Hash Browns and eating the alongside some guacamole and beef hash.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large white onion, shredded
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs. whisked
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes with a fork into 1 sweet potato. Wrap in foil and roast in the oven until soft. About 1 hour or until cooked and softened. Once roasted mash and set aside in a large bowl.
- Peel and shred remaining 2 sweet potatoes.
- Add shredded sweet potatoes, shredded onion to the mashed sweet potatoes in the large bowl.
- Add in salt, almond flour and whisked eggs.
- Mixed to combine all ingredients.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add enough avocado oil to create about ½ inch deep.
- Form hash brown using a ¼ cup measuring cup and flatten slightly.
- Fry in a single layer. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Continue to cook hash browns in batches.