This past December I got my first Butcher Box and I was so excited to put it to use and boy it did not disappoint. These boneless pork chops are breaded in almond flour, seared and topped with a caramelized onion sauce. This is a great recipe to end the January Whole30 tomorrow!
- 1 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops (Mine equaled 2lbs)
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 4 tbsp ghee, divided
- 4 cups white onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow dish combine almond flour, ½ tsp salt, lemon zest, and garlic powder.
- First dredge pork chop in the egg, let the excess run off.
- Then batter the pork in the flour mixture.
- In a large cast iron pan heat 3 tbsp avocado oil and 2 tbsp ghee
- Heat the avocado oil and ghee in a large skillet over high medium/heat.
- Sear the pork chops until browned about 2 minutes per side. Be sure that they don’t burn.
- Once meat is browned transfer cast iron pan to the oven.
- Let meat cook in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove cast iron from the oven. (will be hot)
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp avocado oil and 2 tbsp ghee to the pan.
- Add onions and ½ tsp salt and cook until caramelized.
- Add chicken stock and allow to simmer about 5 minutes to reduce.
- Return pork to pan and remove from heat.
- Let pork rest on the stove a few minutes to absorb juices.