My love for all things sweet potato is extra strong when it comes to these crunchy, salty and sweet oven roasted sweet potato chips. They’re great as a base for paleo nachos, used as dippers for your favorite dip or simply eaten as they are. Typically, I make these with avocado oil and salt but sometimes I like to add a variety of spices like chipotle chili or smoked paprika to change it up.
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes and slice on thinnest setting with a mandoline.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add avocado oil and salt to the sweet potatoes and coat evenly*
- Lay sweet potatoes in a single layer on your baking sheet
- Bake for about 14 minutes flipping halfway through
- Be sure to watch the oven very carefully towards the end so they do not burn
- I find mixing by hand allows the sweet potatoes to get coated evenly
- Sometimes I add a few different spices like chipotle chili powder or smoked paprika to add variety