Most weekends, shredded chicken is on my meal prep to use in my weekly lunches. I often use a simple marinade and change up the flavor by using a different dressing and mix-ins each day of the week.
When I am ready to really change it up, slow roasting chicken in rich and tangy balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite ways to do it. This week’s meal prep includes this tasty balsamic roasted chicken. You can use this chicken in a salad, mix it in with veggies, or enjoy it on it’s own- it’s extremely easy to do and packs a ton of flavor!
- 3lbs thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar*
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt*
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- Combine balsamic, avocado oil, salt and garlic powder to a ziplock bag or casserole dish, mix to combine.
- Add chicken breast and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Lay chicken on a baking sheet along with any remaining marinade.
- Cover chicken with foil and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes with the foill removed.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken and drizzle a with more balsamic and salt to taste for extra flavor*
- The balsamic drizzled onto the shredded chicken is in addition to the ½ cup used for the marinade.