Another week another batch of baked eggs as part of my weekend meal prep. This recipe is inspired by my love of beef fajitas, filled with caramelized peppers and onions and seasoned ground beef. Tasty, filling and satisfying!
- 5 Tbsp Avocado Oil + extra to grease casserole dish
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2.5 tsp salt, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Grease 9×13 casserole dish with avocado oil and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 5 tbsp avocado oil to a large sauté pan.
- Once hot add the peppers, onions and 1.5 tsp salt.
- Once peppers and onions have caramelized remove from pan and spread evenly in casserole dish.
- Add ground beef to same sauté pan used for peppers and onions.
- Add cumin, smoked paprika, and 1 tsp salt.
- Break up clumps as meat browns.
- Once fully cooked remove from pan and spread evenly over peppers and onions in casserole dish
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs together and pour into casserole dish over beef and peppers and onions.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until beginning to crisp and eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into 6 servings.