One common misconception surrounding the paleo diet is that decadent, creamy dishes are out of the question. Thankfully, that isn’t the case. My latest blog post features Nutpods dairy-free creamer to add a serious level of richness to my Sautéed Chicken with Cremini Mushroom Sauce. The best part? It’s also Whole30 approved. In this dish I use a combination of both chicken breast and chicken thighs to help keep the chicken moist and add to the richness of this dish.
- ½ cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb skinless/boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb skinless/boneless chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp ghee, divided
- 12 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced (I used 3-4 oz cans)
- 2 cup onions, sliced
- 1.5 cups Nut Pods Original
- 1 tsp tapioca starch mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- Marinate chicken with avocado oil salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Let marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook heat a large sauté pan.
- Add 3 Tbsp ghee.
- Once hot, add chicken and remaining marinade and sear both sides for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add 1 more Tbsp ghee to pan.
- Once melted add onions, sliced onions, and 1 tsp salt.
- Cook until mushrooms have browned and onions are caramelized.
- Add nut pods, chicken stock and ½ tsp salt, let come to a gentle boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer and return chicken back to the pan.
- After about 7 minutes and the sauce has begun to reduce add tapioca starch and water mixture. Stir to combine
- Let continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly reduced.
- Serve and enjoy!