Growing up I always loved it when my Nonna made chicken cutlets. To this day it is still one of those meals that I just don’t seem to get tired of. I love the crisp, the savory texture, and the fact that they go great with just about anything. I love serving my Italian Chicken cutlets with pesto, tomato sauce or some good old paleo honey mustard.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place baking rack over it. Drizzle rack with avocado oil.
- Whisk egg into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- To batter chicken, start by dredging a piece in eggs, letting the access run off.
- Then coat with the flour mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Continue to batter until all chicken is coated.
- Drizzle avocado oil over chicken on baking rack.
- Baked for about 45 minutes flipping halfway through, or until cooked and browned.
- If frying heat 3-4 tbsp of avocado oil oil in a frying pan. Once hot add chicken to the pan browning each side and cook through. Cook chicken in single layer batches and add more avocado oil as needed.