If your like me and love a quick grab and go paleo snack then you are sure to love these Banana Cacao Fruit & Nut Bars. These sweet and nutty bars are filled with roasted almonds, dried baby bananas, dates and cacao powder creating a yummy and filling snack on the go and a flavor combo that is just too good! Throw all the ingredients into a food processor, press it into a baking dish and let it sit in the fridge to set..easy as that!
- 1.5 cups salted roasted almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 oz dried bananas (1 bag from Trader Joe’s)
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9×13 baking pan or casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add roasted almonds and pulse until course.
- Add the pitted dates and bananas and continue to pulse until combined.
- Add cacao powder and vanilla extract and pulse again until evenly distributed.
- Add coconut oil and pulse until sticky.
- Place mixture in baking pan and press to flatten.
- Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, use the parchment paper to help you remove the mixture from the pan. Cut into 10 bars.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.