With summer just around the corner I have been enjoying adding more fish into my weekly menu. My favorite thing about this recipe it that its light but still has a punch a flavor. I find that a bland meal just leaves me with night time cravings. I love prepping the sauce over the weekend and cooking the fish right before dinner with a simple seasoning and a quick pan sear and roast in the oven to cook it through. Dinner in a snap!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onion, diced
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ cup oil cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2- 6 ounce sea bass fillets, skinless
- 2 tsp ghee
- Heat oil over a medium saucepan.
- Once hot add onions and ½ tsp salt, cook until caramelized
- Add minced garlic and crushed pepper, let soften.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, stir into the oil.
- Next add the olives, capers and ¼ tsp salt.
- Let simmer on the stove uncovered to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside until sea bass is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season both side of the sea bass with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place a medium ovenproof pan over medium/high heat, and 2 tsp ghee.
- Once hot, sear the sea bass on both sides until browned and can easily be moved from pan. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast about 8 minutes or until desired temperature.
- Once plated top with Puttanesca Sauce.