Pistachios are one of my favorite type of nuts. I love adding them to salads, sauces and creating a simple trail mix with them. This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite snacks, dried apricots and salted pistachios. Throw everything in a food processor, press into a pan and chill. Paleo fuel on the go! Or at home too =)
- 1.5 cups salted roasted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apricots
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9/13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add pistachios and pulse until course.
- Add the pitted dates and apricots and continue to pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and pulse again until evenly distributed.
- Add coconut oil and pulse until sticky.
- Place mixture in baking pan and press to flatten.
- Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, use the parchment paper to help you remove the mixture from the pan. Cut into 10 bars.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.