One of the reasons I love Italian cooking is because it usually entails fresh and simple ingredients that combine to create big flavor. No matter how many times I visit Italy some of my meals have always come from the Tuscan region and include ingredients like fresh olive oil, rosemary and lemon. This simple marinade creates and flavorful and zesty combination perfect for that summer BBQ!
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 gloved garlic, minced,
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- Combined all marinade ingredients into a ziplock bag or casserole dish.
- Add steak and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook turn broiler on high.
- Place steak and remaining marinade on baking sheet
- Broil for about 12 minutes flipping halfway through.*
*Be sure to place baking sheet on lower level in oven. Extra marinate may cause splattering.