I’ve been having fun creating my own versions of my favorite Larabars and RxBars and this week’s recipe might be my favorite one yet! These Apple Pie Fruit & Nut bars are filled with dried apples, toasted walnuts and unsweetened raisins. Yummy and both paleo and Whole30 approved with one easy subtraction!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apples
- ½ cup roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (Omit for Whole30)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add walnuts and cashews and pulse until course.
- Add the pitted dates and apples and raisins and continue to pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla extract and cinnamon and pulse again until evenly distributed.
- Add water and pulse until sticky
- Place mixture in baking pan and press to flatten.
- Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, use the parchment paper to help you remove the mixture from the pan. Cut into 10 bars.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge with parchment paper between each layer.