This bar is in honor of my love for all things mint chocolate chip. Although I do love RxBars version, now that I have made a few different types of fruit and nuts bars I am seeing just how easy they are to make. So I decided why not keep experimenting with some of my favorite flavor combos! When making this recipe be sure to use peppermint extract and not mint. Also if you do not want the flavor of the coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of water should do the trick to help bind it all together. Another option is to roll these into bites instead of making them into bars… Basically whatever you do with this recipe you can’t go wrong!
- 1 ½ cups lights salted roasted cashews
- 2 cups pitted dates
- ⅓ cup powdered cacao
- ¾ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (omit for Whole30)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add cashews and pulse until course.
- Add the pitted dates and continue to pulse until combined.
- Add cacao powder and pulse again until evenly distributed.
- Add peppermint extract and coconut oil and pulse until sticky.
- Place mixture in baking pan and press to flatten.
- Transfer to fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Once set, use the parchment paper to help you remove the mixture from the pan. Cut into 10 bars.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.