No grill, no problem! I love a burger off the grill, but I really love a quick and easy dinner that embodies all the things I love most about that burger, the toppings! This easy skillet recipe is filled with all the goods including bacon, caramelized onions and favored spices like smoked paprika and garlic powder. I also love adding another layer of goodness by topping it with some guacamole or pickles. My favorite ways to enjoy this dish is alongside tostones, roasted sweet potatoes or inside a Siete tortilla wrap.
- 8oz. paleo bacon, diced
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 ¼ tsp salt, divided
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- In a large saute pan cook bacon.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and ½ tsp salt to the bacon grease and cook until caramelized.
- Once cooked add beef and break up clumps
- Once starting to brown add garlic powder, ¾ tsp salt, smoked paprika and coconut aminos.
- Continue to break clumps until fully cooked.
- Return bacon to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!