I love plantains in all shapes and forms, as chips, tostones, maduros, and roasted. I love eating them as a base for nachos, as buns for a burger, or as dippers in guacamole. I also love that they go great with any meal or even as a snack. This recipe adds another layer of goodness with its punch of flavors of chili and lime. Easy, simple and delicious!
- 2 large green plantains
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice plantains into ½ inch pieces
- In a medium bowl place sliced plantains, avocado oil, salt, chipotle chili powder and lime juice. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for about 20 minutes flipping halfway through