I love adding variety to the main courses of my weekly menu but sometimes I get stuck in a side dish rut. I really try to avoid this because I find if I am not completely satisfied with my meals, that is when the snacking temptations kick in. To avoid this I try to choose sides that compliment the proteins I have chosen for the week and like to use the grocery store as a way to find some inspiration for the week ahead. This Quick Fried Cauli Rice recipe is one of my favorites to serve alongside mains like carnitas, fish tacos or simple skirt steak. One of the best parts is that its’ simple to make a has a ton of flavor!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb riced cauliflower
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder (Depending on how spicy you prefer it to be, start with less and add.)
- In a medium sautee pan heat avocado oil.
- Add onions and ½ tsp salt.
- Once caramelized add cauliflower and ½ tsp salt, mix into onions
- Add coconut aminos and paprika, mix to combine.
- Lower heat to allow cauliflower to cook without the liquid evaporating too quickly.
- Once cauliflower is cooked through raise heat to allow it to brown a little.
- Serve and enjoy!