As I have said before I can ever get enough ice cream. There’s something about the sweet, creamy, rich consistency that I just love. This Strawberry Ice Cream is dairy and refined sugar free and is filled with all the goods. My favorite addition is the fresh strawberry puree, no artificial flavors here!
- 1lb strawberries
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1- 14oz can full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- In a blender, blend together strawberries until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla extract and honey.
- Cook over medium/low heat and bring to a boil. Let boil for 1-2 minutes until becomes a little foamy.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled pour into food processor with the blended strawberries.
- Add bananas and run until smooth.
- Pour ice cream into storage container and place in the freezer. Let freeze for about 2-3 hours. Stir every so often to let it evenly freeze.
- Before serving let thaw about 10 minutes.