Memorial Day Weekend may have come and gone, but on my first day back to school I am day dreaming about being down the shore and enjoying this Cacao Cashew Cream Ice Cream. Using cashew cream allows for a thick and creamy texture that will really have you questioning if its really dairy free…trust me it is!
- 3 cups raw cashews + 2 cups water for soaking
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup dates
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak cashews in 2.5 cups water for at least 4 hours.
- Rinse and drain cashews and add to food processor
- Add almond milk and cacao and run until smooth.
- While the food processor is running add dates, honey, salt and vanilla extract and continue to run until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and run until soft ice cream forms.
- Store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Let defrost about 10 minutes before serving.