At first I was intimidated when making my first filet. I was afraid to overcook it, or serve it for a dinner party and find it to raw just as we are sitting down to eat. This slow cook approach is my fool proof version and creates a juicy and tender meat that everyone is sure to love! I love serving it along side roasted sweet potatoes and some sautéed string beans with almonds!
- 1 whole filet (about 4-5lbs)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Lay filet on baking sheet and pat dry.
- Rub olive oil evenly over the meat.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over meat.
- Place meat in the oven and let cook for about 1 hour and 15 minutes . Be sure not to open the oven until time is up. Internal temperature should read 160 degrees.
- Remove filet from oven and cover with foil. Let rest covered for 20 minutes.
- Cut into thick slices.