Chicken tenders are one of my favorite comfort foods mainly because I love dipping them in all types of sauces and dressings. This recipe combines my love for Tessemae’s paleo ranch and a classic chicken tender. Using the ranch to coat the chicken instead of an egg before battering it helps to create a rich and moist texture. Also, by allowing the chicken to roast on a rack helps to create a crispy and crunching coating with the almond flour mixture. This classic dish is great dipped in hot sauce, honey mustard, or even more ranch…because why not?
- ¾ – 1 cup Paleo creamy ranch dressing ( I used Tessemae’s)*
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1.5 cup tapioca flour
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ tsp onion
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2lbs chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack over it.
- In a dredging bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl add paleo ranch.
- To batter chicken dip into ranch, shake off excess. Then coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Place on baking rack.
- Continue to batter each piece.
- Place in oven and cook for about 35 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Start with ½ cup ranch and add ¼ cup more at a time as needed. You will probably need between ¾- 1 cup.
** I had just enough flour mixture to batter the full 2lbs of chicken tenders. If you find yourself short, toss together a small batch with equal parts flour and pinch of spices.