These little smashed potatoes are easy to make and are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Simply combine all the ingredients and throw them in the oven. Once cooked, give each potato a simple smash and pinch of bacon and you will be serving up a crowd pleaser.
- 1½ lbs baby Yukon potatoes
- 1½ lbs baby red potatoes
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- ½ pound paleo bacon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, avocado oil and salt. Coat potatoes evenly.
- Lay potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Lay strips of bacon over potatoes.
- Roast for 50 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove bacon from pan and chop.
- Using a the bottom of a glass, smash each potato. If potatoes are sticking to the glass, place a piece of parchment paper between the glass and potato.
- Top each smashed potato with bacon.
- In a small dish combine 1 tsp salt and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle garlic salt mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!