I love cooking with ground meat because it’s so versatile and cooks up fast for those easy weeknight meals. This recipe is a spin on spaghetti and meatballs using all the same classic flavors without the added time!
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup almond flour
- In a large sauté pan heat avocado oil.
- Once hot add onions and ½ tsp salt.
- Once onions are caramelized add ground turkey and break up clumps
- Once mostly browned add ½ salt, garlic powder and oregano, mix to combine.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in almond flour and continue to simmer for another 7-10 minutes.
- Serve along side spaghetti squash, roasted vegetables or baked sweet potatoes.