This Spinach and Tomato Baked Eggs recipe has been my go-to breakfast for the last few weeks and I’ve yet to get tired of it. Simple, satisfying and filling…doesn’t get much better than that!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 18oz baby spinach (3 bags)
- 1- 28 oz crushed tomatoe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan heat avocado oil.
- Once hot add onions and ½ tsp salt.
- Cook until caramelized.
- Add spinach and cover.
- Cook until wilted.
- Add crushed tomatoes and ½ tsp salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, uncovered.
- In large casserole dish, evenly distribute spinach and tomato sauce mixture.
- Crack 12 eggs evenly throughout the casserole dish.*
- Bake for about 17 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked and yolks are to desired doneness.
- Cut into 6 slices.
*I try to place the egg yolks into sets of two so that when it is cooked I can cut it evenly into 6 pieces with two yolks per piece.