It doesn’t get much better than a classic chocolate chip cookie, especially when it is paleo! These cookies feature my homemade chocolate chips and have a soft and chewy texture that is just perfect in a cold glass of almond milk. This will definitely be on my Christmas cookie platters this year!
Chocolate Chip Ingredients:
- ¾ cup refined coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Chocolate Chips Directions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium saucepan melt the coconut oil
- Once melted, add the cacao, honey and vanilla extract to the melted coconut oil.
- Allow to simmer slightly while whisking to remove lumps and avoiding it to burn, a little less than a minute. (If it simmers to long the chocolate will become to thick)
- Remove from the heat and let sit and stir for about a minute to slightly thicken.
- Pour onto the lined baking sheet.
- Smooth to about ¼” thick.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes or until solid.
- Cut into chunks
- Store in airtight container in the freezer.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted. (I measure before melting)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl beat together honey, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and continue to mix together.
- Add in melted coconut oil and continue to beat until evenly combined
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, form dough into balls and space out on baking sheet.
- Baking for about 10 Minutes until set.