A classic combo with a paleo twist. I love all forms of fruit and nuts bites, but there is something about the addition of creamy almond butter that takes these to the next level. The best part is they are so simple to make and are great to have on hand for a grab-and-go snack any time of the day.
- 1½ cups roasted salted almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (omit for Whole30 or use 1 tsp vanilla bean powder)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp creamy salted almond butter
- In a food processor add almonds and pulse until coarse.
- Add the pitted dates, and raisins and continue to pulse until combined.*
- While the machine is running, add the vanilla extract, salt, and almond butter. Run until evenly combined.
- Use a tablespoon to help form balls.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.
- If your food processor is having a hard time blending the nuts, dates and raisins together dump everything into a bowl. Place a third of it back into the food processor and blend. Then add the other ⅔ a batch at a time.